Food Safety & Microbiology Conference
NQAC Dublin is proud to announce that we will be a silver sponsor for the 2019 Food Safety & Microbiology Conference! Make your way down to the Emory Conference Center and Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia to visit our booth and attend presentations on how to ensure a safe and clean food safety environment on Monday, February 25th, or Tuesday, February 26th.
We are excited to see you there! Schedule a time with us, we’d love to meet you at the conference: firstname.lastname@example.org.
GMO Labelling Requirements: A deep dive into GMO detection using RTi PCR Methods
While international food trade is growing worldwide, the authorities in each country are setting more and more regulations to ensure food safety and transparency for consumers. Across the world Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) labelling is regulated in many countries. The United States will be joining the rest of world with GMO labelling regulation starting January 2020. This new regulation supports American consumers who are requesting more transparency and traceability on food-manufactured products.
With the expansion of GMO crops globally, new regulatory requirements and consumer demand for choice and transparency, increases the need for reliable GMO testing. This requires a solution that can screen, identify and quantify GMO crops to ensure a proper control to provide accurate results to meet regulation, labelling and consumer expectations.
Real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is the most recognised tool for detection of GMO DNA sequences and recommended by Codex Alimentarious, ISO & EU reference laboratory for GM food and feed.
This webinar highlights the evolving world of GMO’s and a 3 step testing strategy using real-time PCR techniques to meet labelling regulations.
- Qualitative screening method to determine the potential for the sample to contain GMO.
- Additional testing to identify the GMO’s in the sample.
- For GMO’s identified, that have a tolerable limit Quantitative real-time PCR is utilized to determine the GMO % present.
Attendance is free, sign up here today!
March Customer Day
In 2018, NQAC Dublin began hosting Customer Days to share our lab and create lasting connections with our customers. With the excellent feedback we received from those that attended, we are excited to announce the program will continue in 2019!
As part of the March Customer Day, you will have the opportunity to:
- Experience the “Life of a Sample” with a tour of our facility and laboratories
- Learn more about Pathogen Monitoring Programs and how NQAC Dublin can assist you in the future
- Further your knowledge on environmental sampling and how to apply it to your facility
- Have an opportunity to provide direct feedback through a Customer Service Focus Group
What you need to know:
- Each session will accommodate 15 attendees on a “first come, first served” basis
- Lunch will be provided on site
- Travel and lodging will not be provided
If you or anyone you know is interested in attending Customer Day, please complete our sign up form or reach out to Customer Service at NQACDublinInfo@us.nestle.com.
We look forward to meeting you at Customer Day!