FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course
The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (referred to as the Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation) is intended to ensure safe manufacturing/processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States. The regulation requires that certain activities must be completed by a “preventive controls qualified individual” who has “successfully completed training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls”. This course, developed by the FSPCA, is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by FDA; successfully completing this course is one way to meet the requirements for a “preventive controls qualified individual”.
This course is taught by Lead Instructors trained by the FSPCA, who have been instructed in how to teach the FDA-recognized standardized curriculum.
Lead Instructor: Ben McPhail
Date & Time: October 29, 2019 – October 31. 2019
6625 Eiterman Road
Dublin, Ohio 43016
Includes participant manual and certificate fee
October Customer Day – October 22nd
Our next Customer Day will take place on Tuesday, October 22nd! We still have open spots available and would like to invite all who are interested to visit our laboratory in Dublin, Ohio.
During this visit you will:
- Experience the “Life of a Sample” with a tour of our facility and laboratories
- Learn more about Foreign Body Investigations and how NQAC Dublin can assist in a crisis situation
- Be the first to be introduced to the new Nutritional Facts Panel program
- Have an opportunity to provide direct feedback
What you need to know about your visit:
- Each session will accommodate 15 attendees, so sign up today to secure your spot!
- Lunch will be provided on-site
- Travel and lodging will not be provided
To sign up, please completed click the button below! If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Webinar : Environmental Monitoring – Sample Collection and Handling
Presenter: Brei Clifford
Environmental monitoring is an important element of any pathogen monitoring program. Proper sample collection and handling is critical to assure the reliability of the data used to monitor the health of your manufacturing environment. This webinar will review various tools and techniques for sampling your environment along with selection of the best tool/technique for various applications.
Session 6: October 17, 2019/ 8:00am EST
Course Length: 1 hour
- Food and beverage manufacturers interested in best practices for environmental sample collection and handling.
- Understand the various tools for environmental monitoring
- Understand which tools work best for various scenarios
- Understand how storage conditions and tool selected can influence results
Webinar : ELISA vs PCR
Presenters: Carol Sivey and Daniel Smieszek
There are two screening platforms that represent 27% of the roughly 1 million tests performed annually here at NQAC Dublin. This webinar focuses on both platforms ELISA (Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) and PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction). We will discuss the principles behind these assays and their application for screening pathogens, allergens, and GMO.
Session 3: October 23, 2019/ 4:00pm EST
Course Length: 1 hour
- Quality Assurance Leads/Technicians who request testing and/or interpret screening results from NQAC Dublin.
- Understand the principles behind ELISA platforms
- Understand the principles behind PCR platforms
- Comparison between platforms in terms of sensitivity, specificity, cost, matrix effect, and ease of use
Webinar : Nutrition Facts Panel Overview
Presenters: Kaylee Doran & David Jones
In May 2016, the FDA announced changes to nutritional labeling requirements that will affect how the food and beverage manufacturers display the Nutritional Facts Panel and associated claims on their products. This webinar aims to give an overview of these changes and compliance timelines as well as present the Nutritional Fact Panel services offered at NQAC Dublin.
Session 3: Thursday October 17th, 2019/ 1:00pm EST
Session 4: Thursday October 24th, 2019/ 1:00pm EST
Food and beverage manufacturers interested in updating or creating Nutritional Fact Panels for products
- Understand the changes to nutritional labeling requirements
- Understand compliance timelines for small and large manufacturers
- Knowledge of Nutritional Fact Panel services offered at NQAC Dublin
- Knowledge of how to request Nutritional Fact Panel testing and label creation from NQAC Dublin